Sunday, January 20, 2008

Gone Crackers


Last but not least, just because I have been meaning to try a batch of my own homemade crackers for 3 weeks now, I made 'em.

These are sesame crackers. They were easy to make, fun to cut and will go great with my black bean dip (secret ingredient:almond butter).

Sesame Crackers

1/4 cup chick pea flour
1/4 cup gluten free flour of choice (I used my 4 bean flour mix)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp tumeric
1 Tbsp Nutritional yeast (I didn't have any)
1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds ground
1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds whole
1/4 tsp sesame oil
3+ Tbsp water
Mix all dry ingredients together. Add sesame oil. Add water 1 Tbsp at a time, until a dough can be formed. Wrap and set aside for 10 min. Heat oven to 350'F. Roll out on floured surface, cut into any shape desired, poke a few holes in the top of each cracker & bake 15-20 minutes. Store in a tin.

I have been relying on store bought crackers too much, especially when I know I have a stack of "to bake" recipes at home. Not anymore!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ericka-chan,
Congrats on your food blog - I'll have to take time to look around some other evening, as we just got back from the snowy Alps, but looks intruiging. And I'll need to pass on the link to a friend who'll be happy to see loads of gluten free recipes.
Good cooking!
xxx

Anonymous said...

So inspiring!
Indeed Ms. Ericka, you've created a wonderful hub of yumminess! Now I can access your creative culinary genius 24/7. Fantastic! Great to see Miki getting into the mix. The photos look fabulous. Nicely done, friend. Looking forward to your further kitchen adventures.
All the best!