Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Messy Miki Chick




Our big Sunday night quiche was incorporated into a Monday night feast.

Miki, my little helper, was interested in bashing about the garlic, lemon rind & fresh basil a la Jamie Oliver style, with a mortar and pestle. I took over when the recipe called for adding all of those ingredients to the softened butter...with you fingers...and then rubbing the whole raw chicken with all that lovely flavour. Don't forget to push it under the skin. You probably agree that salmonella and teething shouldn't go hand in hand.

Miki delighted in using one of her favorite new words, messy, and we dubbed the dish, Messy Chicken. Feel free to flap your arms when you say it. One hour in a 425' F oven with pre-steamed potatoes roasting in the buttery basil drippings left the house smelling wonderful. Dinner was devoured by all, and there are plenty of leftovers for a breakfast quiche, (anyone else getting sick of it yet?) some chicken salad sandwiches, and some homefries with the favorite food of the month-Ketchup! Leftovers:

That is what it is all about.

3 comments:

Travis said...

The pics from the latest posting look great. However, on the right-hand margin your photos were cropped too narrow. I can take a look at this later and help, maybe. Also, you may want to move your "contact me" plug back up to the top; since you've added 2 photos it has pushed it down. And I noticed that you're missing a space b/w "pre-cut" and "Christmas quilt" in the About Me section.

Otherwise coming along nicely and easy to read.

Austin said...

The site looks great! First thing I looked at this morning and my stomach was rumbling for the breakfast quiche...Oh well, I'll just have to settle for my breakfast burritos instead...I have quite the blogging sister don't I? Guess I have to catch up...Talk soon.

Kent Matsueda said...

Killer blog Ericka!
Great shot of Miki too. You've been putting in a lot of work, not only preparing the food, but documenting it all.
Travis is gonna get fat!
-Kent